Today I’m bringing you my 2018 new year resolutions & outlook!
Ahhhhh. The fresh start to a new year. Exciting but intimidating at the same time! With a new year comes your very typical resolutions, perspectives, and new rules. I personally don’t feel like limiting myself or forcing myself to do something that is just going to fade out in a couple months, so I’ve decided to keep my “resolutions” a little more simple. Without further ado, here are my five new years resolutions…
- Pay more attention to what I’m putting in my body. Nutrition is SO important, and I’ve been neglecting it for too long. I’ve paid attention enough to keep myself in ~somewhat~ shape, but I can’t wait to see how differently I feel knowing that I am energizing my body with the food it craves, not crap that was manufactured! Specifics here: eat more fruit, eat less meat and dairy (although I doubt I could ever go fully vegan… if you’re fully vegan, more power to you!), add vegetables to every meal, actually eat breakfast in the morning, consume less soda… the list goes on. This is my number one new year resolution!
- Concentrate less on how others are behaving, and more on why I’m reacting the way that I am. Stop making fun of people who can’t help it. Stop talking about people behind their backs. Stop harping on my weird coworkers. Stop letting people’s stupid little habits get to me, and start loving them for who they are. Start being more encouraging of others, particularly my family and coworkers. Start respecting that different people have different priorities and they aren’t always the same as mine. Start accepting people for who they are! This is probably my most important new year resolution because it will help keep me grounded and just plain kind!
- Get more physical. Every year, I wish that I was one of those girls who works out every day, but the reality is that I am either driving or at work for close to 11 hours a day. That’s almost half the day. I don’t have time to work out to the max every day, and after a long work day, I’m TIRED! I want to encourage myself to be realistic when planning my workouts; whether they’re a short yoga session during the week or a long weekend cardio session. I need to understand my own limitations and not place some ridiculous, lofty goals on myself that are totally unattainable.
- Invest in quality clothes. While I’m going to stay realistic and understand that I’ll always have the impulse to purchase trendy (but crappy) items at Forever21 and the like, I’d like to spend more money on quality clothes that are timeless and going to last me a long time. For example… I’m currently in the market for a super warm, but stylish winter parka that I love and will use for years to come to bear these single-digit days in Michigan. This is a new year resolution that will last for years to come!
- Dry January. (…well, until my trip to Key West at the end of January). After all the eating and drinking that the holidays brought up on me (well, I brought upon myself), it’s time to make a change. I’ve always had food sensitivities and allergies since I was a kid, and I’d love to figure out what exactly triggers an upset stomach. I figure cutting drinking out for a few weeks never hurt nobody! That with eating healthier and avoiding putting absolute crap into my body (so often) will really get me feeling my best and looking my best!
What are some of your new years resolutions? Anything you’d like to start or stop doing in 2018? Let me know in the comments!